Right now the world is going through a crisis. A lot of us are stuck at home and that scares us. Why? ALL WE CAN DO IS EAT! I mean seriously! Disney plus is releasing movies earlier than planned and Netflix is doing the same! (Quarantine and Chill?) It is very tempting to go to the store and buy a bunch of doomsday bunker food and just plop in front of the TV and pig out. Well, I am here to tell you, it is not worth it! Fight the temptation! This quarantine era is temporary and being that we are all at home and have the ability to cook we can actually take this time to improve our habits and start working on that dream body! The best part is, you can make a lot of healthy recipes because everyone else is stocking on Oreos!
Below is a recipe that I actually made for the first time today, and this is absolutely delicious! The ingredients are cheap and easy to find right now at the store! Give it a try, and if you like it, comment on this article and let us know how it came out! Also, if you tried any variations, added, or replaced an ingredient we want to know too!
- 20 oz frozen cauliflower florets (about 4 cups)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup Salsa Verde
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Put your cauliflower in a microwave safe dish and cook for 10-12 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add the cream cheese and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir.
- Add the chicken, salsa verde, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cilantro. Stir.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees (F) in an ovenproof casserole dish for 20 minutes.
- OR you could microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.